Development and Operation Associate (Part-time)
The organization is undergoing an exciting period of transition and growth and seeks a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Development and Operations Associate. We are seeking a candidate who has interest in learning about the development field and gaining first-hand experience in the day to day operations of a non-profit.
Overview of the position: The Development and Operations Associate will spend the majority of their time assisting the Development team and Executive Director in managing the database, tracking donations and correspondence, and will also dedicate some of their time to assist the operations team in data collection and tracking of outputs from the field. The Associate will also assist the Operations team in the day-to-day management of the office. This individual will be supervised by the Senior Manager of Development & Communications but will serve as a generalist, assisting in other programmatic and operational projects as needed.
- Maintain the Salesforce donor database and act as the quality assurance representative to ensure that information is entered and updated promptly and accurately
- Track correspondence and meetings with institutional/individual donors, ensuring information is maintained in the Salesforce database
- Participate in all direct mail/internet campaigns
- Assist in all aspects of the organization’s annual fundraising event, including logistics, auctions, corporate and individual fundraising, etc.
- Assist in management of other small events, including but not limited to house parties, donor events, corporate volunteer activities (some evening hours necessary)
- As needed, assist the Executive Director in board relations including communications, board meeting coordination, minute taking, and engagement of board in fundraising activities
General Office Administration and Data Management
- Assist the Data Specialist in inputting and quality controlling data entry from sites for accuracy
- Work with Office Team Leader to ensure administrative duties such as filing and office management are completed
- Greet volunteers, staff and visitors
- Answer phones, transferring calls, and checking voice mail lines for messages
- Data entry and filing for various administrative processes
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Assisting in other Operations, Volunteer Management, and Development tasks as needed
- Skills and Experience Sought
- High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional follow-thru
- Quick learner, ability to work independently and as part of a team; comfortable working with a diverse range of people
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, commitment to organizational mission and appreciation for older adults and intergenerational work
- Strong computer skills and interest in technology and evaluation systems. Strong proficiency in Excel a plus. Must be willing to toggle between software to support various departments’ needs.
Compensation and Benefits: Hourly position at $15/ hour; 20 hours per week. Work in a supportive and cooperative environment with the ability to learn about the nonprofit sector and develop professional skills. Benefits also include some paid holidays and a flexible work schedule. You can learn more about Generations Incorporated on the web at www.generationsinc.org.
Please send your most recent resume and a cover letter demonstrating (1) your interest in the position and (2) what you hope to learn from the organization and this position. Applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com. No phone calls please.