It's time to take action! 70% of children in Greater Boston are reading below grade level.
You can support the fight against childhood illiteracy.
Make a Gift Today *
- Provides a bundle of books and supplies to a student
To promote summer reading, students in Reading Coaches programs receive 3 books, an activity booklet, and pencils.
- Provides 1 month of a private stipend for a literacy volunteer
- Provides training for the Story Circles* initiative for a group of 20 literacy volunteers
*The Boston Listens project will integrate storytelling/ story acting into the curriculum during “circle” time; these centers will be called Story Circles. Story Circles will be half an hour to an hour long, and include key components to promote children’s cognitive and literacy development.
- 1 full year of one-on-one literacy tutoring (minimum of 35 sessions) for 1 student
- Recruits a team of 10 volunteers for a new school
- Writing journals, these are essential in helping children attain reading comprehension.*
*Once a reading session is complete, students are asked to write a passage or draw a picture to show what they’ve learned in the book they just read.
- Provides weekly oral language development support for a classroom of 5 year olds
- Provides a Naming opportunity for our program at a specific school or after school program
Donate by Mail
Your generosity allows us to engage hundreds of older adults in service to help thousands of Greater Boston students who are struggling to read.
Writing a check? Make payable to Generations Incorporated
Generations Incorporated | 25 Kingston St, 4th Floor | Boston, MA 02111
Make a Recurring Donation*
Now in our 25th year, Generations Incorporated is poised for significant growth. After successful execution of our Read To Succed business plan, in which we redesigned our literacy programs for stronger impact, we will bring our program to 800 additional kindergarten and first grade students in the lowest performing schools in Boston. We will also expand to at least one new urban community in Massachusetts where large numbers of low income students are failing in school in the early grades.
This is 3 year major gift campaign with a goal of raising $300,000. Every dollar raised through this campaign will be matched dollar for dollar by a federal grant. Gifts of $2,500 or more will be recognized on our website, in our print materials, and at special learning events for donors.
Please contact Mary Gunn (email@example.com
) for more information.
Give from your Donor Advised Fund
If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants directly to Generations Incorporated.
Donate to the READ to Succeed Plan
Through a rigorous strategic planning process aimed to combat the growing challenge of early childhood illiteracy, we developed a business plan which we call Read to Succeed.
We need your help to raise $1.03 million over 3 years to invest in our plan. Today, we have already raised 25% toward that goal. If you would like to sponsor a specific element in our strategic plan, please contact Mary Gunn at 617.423.5865 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Read about our plan here.
Sponsor a Program
Become a sponsor of a program site.
- Visibility during daily service and special events
- AARP Experience Corps volunteer members wear sponsor's logo on their uniform
- Recognition on Generations Incorporated online media and print material
Please contact Mary Gunn at 617.423.5865 or email@example.com for more information
Donate a Gift From Our Wish List
We are always in need of various school and office supplies for our volunteers and the students they tutor. For a list of the items we need (and to have them sent directly to us), visit our wishlist!
Donate in Someone's Honor
A tribute gift is a meaningful way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, holiday or the memory of a loved one. Please contact Mary Gunn at 617.423.5865 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and address of your honoree, and your own special message. We will mail your honoree a personalized card with the greeting you have chosen.
Donate Stock, Mutual Funds or IRAs
Stocks can be donated via certified mail: 1. Sign the certificates and write our name on the certificates. 2. Indicate in a brief letter that you want to donate the enclosed stock to Generations Incorporated
and include your name, contact information and complete address. 3. Send the certificates by certified mail to: Generations Incorporated | 25 Kingston St, 4th Floor | Boston, MA 02111
Other Ways to Donate
- United Way – We are not yet a United Way affiliate, but you can use the United Way to donate to us. Simply write us in: # 341024.
- Combined Federal Campaign: Please write # 5033 to support us.
- Matching Gifts – Do you work for a company with a matching gift program? Many companies will match your donation dollar-for-dollar. Check with the community relations department in your office and double your gift!
- Goodsearch – Please use Goodsearch to search the internet. With every search you make, Goodsearch will make a donation to Generations Incorporated!
- Planned Giving – Give a gift to last forever. Make a bequest to Generations Incorporated.
- The Giving Common – View and donate through our Giving Common profile.
* If you donate online, please consider an additional 3% to your gift to cover the cost of PayPal transaction fees.