Introduction; Consent to Terms
Through comments and user portion of the Generations Incorporated website and services, through the Contact Us page and any related widgets, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit ("Submit") comments, messages, other text, photos, images, story ideas, essays, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the Generations Incorporated ("User Materials"). You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by Generations Incorporated staff and on the Generations Incorporated website or services by the general public. You acknowledge that the Generations Incorporated services, community and comments are for public, not private communications. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials, there may be a delay i the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
You retain the copyright and other ownership right in any User Materials that you submit on or through the Generations Incorporated services. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the Generations Incorporated services, you hereby grant Generations Incorporated and it's affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable license to use, copy, sub-license, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to the Generations Incorporated services, third party licensee web sites, applications and services, over the air (on radio or television), and other applications and services, without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant Generations Incorporated and its affiliates the right to contact you in connection with your User Materials and to use your name, city and state and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
Generations Incorporated does not allow framing of any GI content.
Links to Generations Incorporated Content and Services
Generations Incorporated encourages and permits links to the content on the Generations Incorporated services and website. However Generations Incorporated is an organization committed to the highest ethics and standards in both fact and in appearance. Therefore, the linking should not (a) suggest that Generations Incorporated promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, websites, products or services, or (b) use Generations Incorporated content for inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
The Generations Incorporated website and services contain links to Internet sites, applications and services maintained by third parties, over which Generations Incorporated has no control. Generations Incorporated does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and Generations Incorporated is not responsible or liable for the content operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. Generations Incorporated shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
In some cases, the Generations Incorporated website and services may include certain embedded tools provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms and policies of the third parties. You should only use these third party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies. The Generations Incorporated website and services include a tool that allows you to sign in using information from your account with a third party service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, OpenID, or LinkedIn. Please be aware that those third party services are unrelated to Generations Incorporated, and that your use of the third party services is subject to the terms and policies of those services.
Generations Incorporated Mobile Services
Generations Incorporated does not charge you for the use of its mobile sites and applications, its interactive voice response services, or any features of these sites, applications and services (“Generations Incorporated Mobile Services”). Please check your wireless plan, however, because your carrier’s per-minute, text messaging, and data or other charges may apply. You must provide at your own expense the equipment and connections needed for you to use the Generations Incorporated Mobile Services, and you are solely responsible for any costs you incur to access the Generations Incorporated Mobile Services. You should keep in mind that the use of the Generations Incorporated Mobile Services to send content to another person via e-mail or SMS (Short Message Service) or text message may result in wireless charges to both the sender and the receiver.
Rules for the Use of the Website and Services
By using the Generations Incorporated website and services, including by registering for the Generations Incorporated website and services, Submitting User Materials, the Contact Us page or other means, using Content Feeds or by using any other features of the Generations Incorporated website and services, you agree to the following rules:
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register for or participate in the Generations Incorporated website and services or other social networking features of the Generations Incorporated website and services; submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the Generations Incorporated website and services; participate in any online contests; and/or donate to Generations Incorporated or make any purchases through the website or services. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the Generations Incorporated website and services or register for email newsletters or other features of the Generations Incorporated website and services with the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
- You may not submit any User Materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
- You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
- You may only submit User Materials for which you have the copyright or other necessary rights and permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights.
- The Generations Incorporated website and services can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the Generations Incorporated website and services for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
- You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the Generations Incorporated website and services to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, “spam,” or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the Generations Incorporated website and services.
- You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Generations Incorporated website and services, any portion or contents thereof, or related systems or networks, or use the Generations Incorporated website and services in any way which degrades their reliability, speed or operation, or their underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Generations Incorporated website and services or related systems or networks.
- You are solely responsible for any User Materials submitted using your account. Generations Incorporated does not and cannot review all User Materials submitted by you or others and is not responsible for any User Materials submitted by you or others on or through the Generations Incorporated website and services. However, Generations Incorporated has the right (but not the obligation) to review, screen, delete, edit and/or move any User Materials that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules for Use of the Service.
Right to Change Generations Incorporated Services
Generations Incorporated reserves the right to change, terminate or suspend the GI website or services, any features of the website or services and any content or materials contained in the website or services, in any way, at any time and for any reason or no reason. Generations Incorporated also has the right to require you to cease accessing any features, content or materials of the Generations Incorporated website or services.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notices
Generations Incorporated respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement by any content or material on the Generations Incorporated website or services, please provide the following information in writing to Generations Incorporated:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that any content or materials you posted, uploaded or Submitted to the Generations Incorporated website or services, that were subsequently removed from the Generations Incorporated website or services, or to which access was disabled, were improperly removed or disabled, please provide the following Counter-Notification to Generations Incorporated:
- your physical or electronic signature.
- a description of the materials that have been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- your name, address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.